» School Information »
“Mercy High School is accredited by the State of Nebraska Department of Education, the AdvancED Association (formerly known as the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges) and is a member of the National Catholic Education Association, and the Mercy Education Network.”
- Offers a college-preparatory, customized education for each student with a 13:1 student/teacher ratio.
- Since 1988, Mercy has had more than 18 National Merit Scholars.
- Embraces cutting-edge technology to enhance its learning experience.
- Students and teachers use iPads and other smart devices
- The campus features a renovated media center.
- Students can monitor their grades and retrieve class notes remotely through EdLine.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the buildings
- Offers 9 Advanced Placement courses and 7 dual enrollment courses that translate into college credit.
- Faith in action is part of the Mercy experience. Retreats, faith leadership opportunities and service projects are integrated into school life. In fact, 25% of the Class of 2015 self-selected to be Eucharistic Ministers.
- Students participate in 9 sports, cheer, dance teams, 4 theatre productions, show choir and forensics, as well as 20 clubs.
- Awards $1.6 million in tuition assistance annually which benefits 82% of our families.
- 392 diverse students come from 40 parishes and represent all residential zip codes in the Omaha metro area.
- 100% of the class of 2014 attends college.
- 15% of the 2014 class earned 30 or higher on the ACT.
- $5.6 million in scholarships were earned by the class of 2014.
- More than 50% of faculty members have their master’s degrees.
- Students volunteer 11,000 hours annually –providing compassionate service for others.
- The School is part of a 150-year legacy of education by the Sisters of Mercy in Omaha.